Monday, March 16, 2009

Aussie Arcade Sticks

Made my first arcade stick for the PS1 to play SF alpha.
With the release of SF HD remix and SF IV its time to revive the arcade sticks!!

Searched around the net and came across the shoryuken forums. Great examples of awsome sticks. All the builders seem to live in the US with no way of buying without high international shipping costs. Saw the sticks by Hori with mixed reviews. Madcatz sticks are nice but near impossible to get in Australia.

After much research and planning I'm now making my own arcade sticks.
I can make custom cases and completed sticks for those who wish one of their own.

I mainly use Sanwa and Seimitsu parts. I do have some second hand Aussie parts available as well.

Layouts of your choosing.
Case made from Jarrah (an Australian hardwood)
Top layer is clear acrylic with custom artwork underneath.
The supporting/ mounting top and bottom base are made from mdf
Non slip feet on the base. Works well on table tops and tile floors.

I have a full time job and family. So there's limited time available for building. If all parts and cases are available it takes 1-2 weeks, longer if I need to order parts or construct cases.

I'll be selling on eBay as well as taking custom orders.

Prices

Blank case with all holes drilled for stick and buttons, gloss coat: $100
Painted blank case: $150 [ metallic black looks very nice =) ]

Completed. Gloss coat. All Sanwa parts
PS1/2 controller: $ 300
Wired PS3: $320
Wireless PS3: $350
Wired Xbox 360: $330 (need to get controllers from overseas, enquire about availability)
Wireless Xbox 360: $370 (more time consuming)

Add $50 for painting
Postage Australia wide: $30
Please contact me for international postage cost.


Cheers
Jason
darienseven@yahoo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment